Privacy and Data Protection
We understand and respect the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and make subsequent use of it as detailed below.
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:-
- When you make a booking with us.
- When you register with us to receive our online newsletters, magazine, email updates, enter competitions or take part in surveys and customer feedback.
- When you write, fax, telephone or email us to make an enquiry.
What Information Will We Collect?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your holiday party:-
- names and contact details
- credit/ debit card or other payment details
- special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect your chosen holiday arrangements
- dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs)
- travel preferences
Some of the information we collect (such as about health or religion) will only be collected on the condition that we have your positive consent to its use. We will seek this consent when necessary.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
What Will We Do With It?
- For the purpose of providing you with our services, we may disclose the information to the providers of the services making up your holiday arrangements (who could be located outside the UK/EEA).
- We will store your information only for as long as is reasonable and may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. We will also add your details to our mailing list for our online magazine, 'Island News' and our mailing list for receiving information about our magazine, 'The Islander'. If you do not wish to receive such information or publications, you may ask us in writing not to receive them by writing to us at the address below.
- We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
What Can You Do?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at:-
Isles of Scilly Inclusive Holidays
Isles of Scilly
You may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, often including a unique identifier, sent to the browser of your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") from a website's computer. It is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it. To protect your privacy, your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, and not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits them to track online traffic flows.
Our cookies record information about your online preferences so we can tailor the site to your interests. You can set your device's preferences to accept all cookies, notify you when a cookie is issued, or not receive cookies at all. Selecting the last option means you will not receive certain personalised features, which may result in you being unable to take full advantage of all the website's features. Each browser is different, so please check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
How to delete cookies or control them
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this for a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to clear cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone's browser, you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Updates and Changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information.
|←Previous: Terms and Conditions||Next: Insurance Policy→|